Lead Nurturing Programs
Designing lead nurturing programs can be difficult especially if you don’t know where to start. We put together five sample programs to get you going. The programs range from simple one month programs to complex 12 month programs. Feel free to take these lead nurturing programs and customize them to fit your business. Remember, getting started is the most important part. Over time tune the “knobs and dials” on your nurturing programs to align them with your business.
First, let’s start with a simple definition of lead nurturing. Lead Nurturing is the process of engaging prospects through meaningful dialogue at each stage of the buying process. A lead nurturing program is a collection of independent nurturing events. Many B2B companies build lead nurturing programs to position their company as the best choice to help meet prospects objectives. Lead nurturing is also referred to as a drip campaign; however, drip campaigns are not “intelligent” and cannot react to buyer’s online behavior and interaction with marketing assets.
Enjoy the 5 lead nurturing programs below
1 month lead nurturing program with aggressive actionable offers:
• Day 1: Email white paper download link. Recipient clicks link in email, gets redirected to a landing page then fills out a web form. Additional profile information is captured.
• Day 3:: Voice mail and email from lead owner thanking lead for the download (if the download occurred) with an invitation to a webinar on relevant topic.
• Day 7: Follow up email asking if the lead would be interested in learning more about the topic they are pursuing. If lead responds then schedule a demo with sales. If lead does not respond continue with the lead nurturing program.
• Day 15: Email customer success story from related industry
• Day 21: Email a brief note to touch base and make an offer. For example, suggest providing valuable information such as a white paper, awareness kit, case study, blog post, ROI, personal demonstration, video testimonial or a book from an industry analyst
• Day 30: Send a personalized email with an invitation to evaluation your solution, start a free trial. If you are a consulting-based business offer a free consultation.
3 month lead nurturing programs optimized for different roles:
This program was designed to meet three different persona’s. However, each program is structured the same, with a single lead nurturing event over three months, one per month. Notice each lead nurturing program begins with educational content.
• Month 1: Voice mail and white paper
• Month 2: Follow up call and email link to analyst whitepaper
• Month 3: Follow up call and email invitation to webinar
• Month 1: Voice mail and email relevant 3rd party article
• Month 2: Follow up call and email 3rd party article
• Month 3: Follow up call and email link to relevant podcast
• Month 1: Direct mail an executive report and follow up with phone call
• Month 2: Follow up call and email invitation to executive roundtable
• Month 3: Follow up call and ROI analysis tool
3 month lead nurturing program with aggressive initial phases and bi-weekly dialogue
• Day 1: Follow-up email or phone call
• Day 10: Email offering an article of interest from a third-party relating to previous communications
• Day 15: Personal email from sales rep
• Day 30: Email promoting a relevant webinar series
• Day 45: Call from sales rep to “check-in”
• Day 60: Email providing a similar case study or a best practices white paper
• Day 75: Personal email from sales rep offering a product demo
• Day 85: Call from sales rep to schedule a face-to-face meeting
• Day 90: Submit a sales proposal via email
6 month lead nurturing program with dialogue every three weeks
• Day 1: Initial phone call and follow-up email
• Day 28: Invitation to webinar with follow up phone call
• Day 42: Email customer success story in related industry vertical
• Day 60: Personal invitation from lead owner to forthcoming webinar
• Day 80: Email interactive ROI calculator or similar “tool” as prospect nears buying stage
• Day 100: Email article of interest from social media site
• Day 120: Send personalized email from lead owner to touch base
• Day 140: Email free copy of analyst report
• Day 160: Invite prospect to a personal demonstration of your solution
12 month lead nurturing program with monthly dialogue
• Month 1: Email 3rd party article on relevant technology
• Month 2: Follow up phone call and email industry related case study
• Month 3: Leave voice mail to check in
• Month 4: Email link to industry related video done by a 3rd party
• Month 5: Email relevant and educational-focused white paper
• Month 6: Direct mail collateral
• Month 7: Follow up phone call and email relevant eBook
• Month 8: Follow up phone call and email link to relevant podcast
• Month 9: Follow up phone call and email quote from industry-leading analyst
• Month 10: Follow up phone call and email invitation to webinar
• Month 11: Leave voice mail with invitation to industry trade show and email registration link
• Month 12: Email one page white paper on evaluation criteria for solutions in your industry
Lead Liaison’s lead nurturing software can save you time and help boost your sales conversion rates by sending customized emails to leads based on their characteristics, activity, interest and interaction with your marketing assets.
We welcome your feedback, comments and suggestions. What types of lead nurturing programs have you used?
To be alerted of future posts, please click on the RSS button.