Privacy Matters. We Respect It.
Last Modified: October 8, 2018
What Information We Gather and Track:
We request personal information when you request a service, answer a survey, download materials, correspond with us or engage in certain other activities on our website. You make the decision whether to proceed with any activity that requests personal information. If you do not wish to provide the requested information, however, you may not be able to complete the transaction. The summary below highlights the information we may collect:
- We use mobile analytics software to allow us to better understand the functionality of our Mobile Apps on your mobile device. This software may record information such as how often you use the application, the events that occur within the application, aggregated usage, performance data, and where the application was downloaded from. In addition to information we collect on our Websites, when you use our Mobile Apps we may also collect your city location, device model and version, device identifier (or “UDID”), OS version, and your Lead Liaison Subscription Service credentials. We send push notifications from time to time in order to update you about events or promotions. If you no longer wish to receive such communications, you may turn them off at the device level. We may link information we store within the analytics software to Personal Information you submit within the Mobile App. We do this to improve services we offer you and improve our marketing, analytics and site functionality.
- We may collect “Personal Information” that you voluntarily submit to us and that identifies you personally, including contact information, such as your name, e-mail address, company name, address, phone number, and other information about yourself or your business. Personal Information can also include information about any transactions, both free and paid, that you enter into on the Websites, and information about you that is available on the internet, such as from Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter and Google, or publicly available information that we acquire from service providers.
- We may collect “Navigational Information” about your computer and your visits to this website such as your IP address, geographical location, browser type, referral source, length of visit and pages viewed.
- We may collect and process payment information from you when you subscribe to the Subscription Service, including credit cards numbers and billing information, using third party PCI-compliant service providers. Except for this, we do not collect Sensitive Information from you.
- The Websites are not intended for or targeted at children under 13, and we do not knowingly or intentionally collect information about children under 13. If you believe that we have collected information about a child under 13, please contact us at email@example.com, so that we may delete the information.
How We Use the Information We Gather and Track:
- For internal purposes such as to verify compliance with an executed license or service agreement, to track downloads, or to track website traffic.
- To provide you with information about product upgrades, new products, services, newsletters, informative emails, security alerts and research on future product ideas or improvements.
- To assist us in creating content that is relevant to you.
- To provide you with special offers and communications that may be of interest to you.
- To assist us in creating better products and services to meet your needs.
- To allow you to purchase products, obtain access to services or otherwise engage in activities you select.
- To help you quickly find software, services or product information important to you.
- With tracking technologies that may record information such as Internet domain and host names; Internet protocol (IP) addresses; browser software and operating system types; clickstream patterns; and dates and times that our site is accessed. Our use of tracking technologies allows us to improve our website and your web experience. We may also analyze information that does not contain personal information for trends and statistics.
- To provide other companies with statistical information about our users — but this information will not be used to identify any individual user. We may, from time to time, contact you on behalf of external business partners about a particular offering that may be of interest to you. In those cases, we do not transfer your unique Personal Information to the third party. In addition, we may share data with trusted partners to contact you based on your request to receive such communications, help us perform statistical analysis, or provide customer support. Such third parties are prohibited from using your Personal Information except for these purposes, and they are required to maintain the confidentiality of your information.
- To use Navigational Information o operate and improve the Websites and the Subscription Service. We may also use Navigational Information alone or in combination with Personal Information to provide you with personalized information about Lead Liaison.
- To post customer testimonials and comments on our Websites, which may contain Personal Information. We obtain each customer’s consent via email prior to posting the customer’s name and testimonial.
- If you give us credit card information, we use it solely to check your financial qualifications and collect payment from you. We use a third-party service provider to manage credit card processing. This service provider is not permitted to store, retain, or use information you provide except for the sole purpose of credit card processing on our behalf.
- We employ other companies and people to provide services to visitors to our Websites, our customers, and users of the Subscription Service and may need to share your information with them to provide information, products or services to you. Examples may include removing repetitive information from prospect lists, analyzing data, providing marketing assistance, processing credit card payments, supplementing the information you provide us in order to provide you with better service, and providing customer service. In all cases where we share your information with such agents, we explicitly require the agent to acknowledge and adhere to our privacy and customer data handling policies.
- We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your Personal Information from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. We secure the Personal Information you provide on computer servers in a controlled, secure environment, protected from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. When sensitive Personal Information (such as geo-location data) is collected on our Websites and/or transmitted to other websites, it is protected through the use of encryption, such as the Secure Socket Layer (SSL) protocol. If you have any questions about the security of your Personal Information, you can contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- We offer publicly accessible message boards, blogs, and community forums. Please keep in mind that if you directly disclose any information through our public message boards, blogs, or forums, this information may be collected and used by others. We will correct or delete any information you have posted on the Websites if you so request, as described in “Opting Out and Unsubscribing” below.
- We retain Personal Information that you provide us as long as we consider it potentially useful in contacting you about the Subscription Service or our other services, or as needed to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes and enforce our agreements, and then we securely delete the information. We will delete this information from the servers at an earlier date if you so request, as described in “Opting Out and Unsubscribing” below. If you provide information to our customers as part of their use of the Subscription Service, our customers decide how long to retain the personal information they collect from you. If a customer terminates its use of the Subscription Service, then we will provide customer with access to all information stored for the customer by the Subscription Service, including any Personal Information provided by you, for export by the customer according to our agreement with our customer. After termination, we may, unless legally prohibited, delete all customer information, including your Personal Information, from the Subscription Service.
- If we (or our assets) are acquired by another company, whether by merger, acquisition, bankruptcy or otherwise, that company would receive all information gathered by Lead Liaison on the Websites and the Subscription Service. In this event, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our website, of any change in ownership, uses of your Personal Information, and choices you may have regarding your Personal Information.
With Whom We May Share Your Information:
We reserve the right to use or disclose your Personal Information if required by law or if we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or comply with a law, court order, or legal process. Choice/Opt-out Lead Liaison provides the ability for you to ‘opt-out’ of receiving additional information from us. We may offer you these choices at the time you give us your information.
Security, Protection of Your Information:
We will never sell your Personal Information to any third party.
EU – U.S. Privacy Shield
Lead Liaison is responsible for the processing of personal data it receives under the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Framework and subsequently transfers to a third party acting as an agent on its behalf. Lead Liaison complies with the EU-U.S. Privacy Shield and Swiss-U.S. Privacy Shield Principles for all onward transfers of personal data from the EU and Switzerland , including the onward transfer liability provisions.
With respect to personal data received or transferred pursuant to the Privacy Shield Framework, Lead Liaison is subject to the regulatory enforcement powers of the U.S. Federal Trade Commission. In certain situations, Lead Liaison may be required to disclose personal data in response to lawful requests by public authorities, including to meet national security or law enforcement requirements.
You may direct any inquiries or complaints related to our Privacy Shield compliance to email@example.com. If you have an unresolved privacy or data use concern that we have not addressed satisfactorily, you may contact the EU data protection authorities (DPAs).
Under certain conditions, more fully described on the Privacy Shield website, you may be entitled to invoke binding arbitration when other dispute resolution procedures have been exhausted.
Opting Out and Unsubscribing
Reviewing, Correcting and Removing Your Personal Information
Upon request Lead Liaison will provide you with information about whether we hold any of your Personal Information. If you provide us with your Personal Information, you have the following rights with respect to that information:
- To review the user information that you have supplied to us
- To request that we correct any errors, outdated information, or omissions in user information that you have supplied to us
- To request that your user information not be used to contact you
- To request that your user information be removed from any solicitation list that we use
- To request that your user information be deleted from our records
- To opt out of being solicited by Lead Liaison or third parties
- To exercise any of these rights, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Lead Liaison, LLC., 13101 Preston Rd. Ste 110 – 1059, Dallas, TX 75240 USA, Attn: Privacy. We will respond to your request to change, correct, or delete your information within a reasonable timeframe and notify you of the action we have taken.
Our Acceptable Use Policy, at http://www.leadliaison.com/trust/Lead_Liaison_Master_Subscription_Agreement.pdf, applies to us and to our customers and, among other things, prohibits use of the Subscription Service to send unsolicited commercial email in violation of applicable laws, and requires the inclusion in every email sent using the Subscription Service of an “opt-out” mechanism and other required information with the exception of “Operational Emails”. We require all of our customers to agree to adhere to the Acceptable Use Policy at all times, and any violations of the Acceptable Use Policy by a customer can result in immediate suspension or termination of the Subscription Service.
To Unsubscribe From Our Communications
You may unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our e-mails, or by sending us email us at email@example.com or by mail to: Lead Liaison, LLC., 13101 Preston Rd. Ste 110 – 1059, Dallas, TX 75240 USA, Attn: Privacy. Customers cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to their account with us or the Subscription Service.
To Unsubscribe from Our Customers’ Communications
Our customers are solely responsible for their own marketing emails and other communications; we cannot unsubscribe you from their communications. You can unsubscribe from our customers’ marketing communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of their emails, or by contacting them directly.
In compliance with the Privacy Shield Principles, Lead Liaison commits to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your personal information. EU and Swiss individuals with inquiries or complaints regarding our Privacy Shield policy should first contact Lead Liaison at:
firstname.lastname@example.org or by mail to: Lead Liaison, LLC., 13101 Preston Rd. Ste 110 – 159, Dallas, TX 75240 USA, Attn: Privacy.
Our EU Representative and Data Protection Officer (DPO), Richard Nightingale, may also be reached via email@example.com.
Lead Liaison has further committed to cooperate with the panel established by the EU data protection authorities (DPAs) and the Swiss Federal Data Protection and Information Commissioner (FDPIC) with regard to unresolved Privacy Shield complaints concerning data transferred from the EU and Switzerland.
The Lead Liaison Team