This is the sixth installment in the series How to Run a Webinar.
You’ve figured out how marketing automation can help you with the entire process. The next step is to promote your webinar!
Promote the Webinar
Don’t rely solely on emails as the gateway to webinar success! Your target database is just one of the ways you can get people to attend your webinar. Think out of the box, get help from companies in your network, and promote the event through other channels. Here are some suggestions to maximize promotion of your event:
- Issue a Press Release at least two (2) weeks prior to the webinar. Make sure to include a link to your webinar registration landing page (more about that later!) in the Press Release. The Press Release will also give you a little SEO boost on the topic. Here are some tips from a 3rd party on how to write your press release. Here’s an example of a company doing a press release on their webinar.
- Consider getting help from your partners to announce the webinar to their database and send prospects to the same registration page.
- Don’t forget to invite your customers!
- What about your partners. Don’t forget to actually invite them!
- Hire a list broker who can send out email (through their resources) to drive contacts to the same registration page.
- Post the webinar on social media. Your marketing automation system should offer a way to schedule posts. Spread out your posts leading up to the event.
- Create a handful of blog posts on the topic leading up to the event.
In the next installment of How to Run a Webinar, we’ll talk about creating a landing page and “Thank You” page.
Can’t wait to get your hands on the rest of this intuitive guide? Download the full white paper here.
Interested in a demonstration of our robust marketing automation tool?